What information we collect about you
The information we collect can vary depending on the reason for our interaction with you. It may include:
- Contact details including; your name, postal and email addresses, contact phone numbers, your gender;
- Feedback (such as emails or messages sent to us through social media platforms);
- Computer/ device information (for example your IP address and operating system); and
- Any other information that is reasonably necessary.
Why we collect information about you and how we use it
We may use the information to:
- Fulfil a request you have asked for;
- Follow up on feedback that you may have given;
- Process a job application;
- Record and process our interaction(s) with you;
- Monitor, analyse and improve our customer service to you;
- Track activity on our website; and
- Comply with the law and our administration duties.
How we collect information about you
Information about you is collected and stored every time you interact with us. For example if you submit a job application to us, submit feedback to us or otherwise give us any other personal information.
Keeping you informed about all things Coffee Republic
We would love to keep you informed about Coffee Republic news and offers by post, email, phone, text and other electronic means. We will only use these marketing communications if you opt in to receive them.
If you have already opted in to receive any of the marketing communications you can opt out or change your preferences at any time by getting in touch with us using the contact details below.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored on your computer, cookies may be placed on your computer when you visit any website.
Coffee Republic may use this for many reasons, for example to monitor and analyse our website traffic to help improve our website, speed up your searches, for our own anonymous statics (such as seeing how visitors are using our website).
We may send cookies to third parties so you can easily link with ones you are already subscribed to (for example Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
Looking after your information
Coffee Republic takes the security of your information seriously, we are bound by law to ensure your personal information is kept safely.
We will only collect and store information about you that is necessary, and keep this to a minimum. We will adhere to comply with our own internal policies and the law.
We use firewalls to help protect our databases from unauthorised access.
Sharing your information with third parties
Coffee Republic will never sell or rent your information, we will treat the information as confidential. Your information may be disclosed to:
- Any third party for legal reasons (such as to the Police, courts or other regulatory authority) this may be because we have a legal duty to do so, enforce or protect our rights and property, our safety (or those of our customers, visitors or suppliers);
- Third parties that provide support services to Coffee Republic (for example our IT service providers)
- Our franchisees, for example when you provide feedback about a franchised store we may ask them to respond to you directly, or if you have applied for a job within a franchised store we may pass your application on to that store, to further process; and
- Trusted and reputable third parties we have asked to process information on our behalf (we have measures to ensure your information is kept secure).
Transferring your information outside of the European Union
Accessing and amending your personal information
If you think the details we hold about you are incorrect, want us to remove it, or would like a copy of the information we hold about you please submit a request using the contact details below.
How long we store your information for
In most cases we will keep your personal information for 3 years from the date of your last communication with us.
In cases of successful employment applications we will store your data for 6 years after the end of the financial year that your employment with us has ended. In cases where you are not successful in the application process we will keep your personal information for 3 years from your last communication with us.
Where you have submitted information to partner with us (for example an application to become a franchisee, or operate a concession under our “Delighted to Serve” or “Coffee Republic To Go” brands) we will keep your personal information for 12 years after the expiry of your agreement, contract or deed. If you do not enter into an agreement, contract or deed with us we will store your details for 12 years after your last communication with us.
Unless stated or legally required, any update will only apply to data collected after the new policy comes into effect.
This policy was last updated in March 2018.
Phone: 0207 828 5800
Write to us:
10-14 Rochester Row
You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioners’ Office if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of the GDPR or DPA 2018 with regard to your personal data.
Further information about us
This website is operated by Coffee Republic Retail Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (company number 6972310), a wholly owned subsidiary of Coffee Republic 123 Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (company number 06972311).